Friday, September 24, 2010

Define: Love

Here's the assignment: Write a 200-word essay defining love. No word can be more than one syllable. No sentence can be more than 10 words (contractions are considered one word). And no, absolutely no, cliches.

Lovehatehatelove

Love is plain. Love is good. Love is kind. Love is it, right? This is love? Love can fill the void? Do I feel love, or is it hate? Is this red, pink, rose, heart? Or black, broke, bleak, gray? Love's so great, it fills me up. Love's so sweet. Just like a cup, I spill over with your love. Oh crap! No! Wait! You're a creep. You stink, you suck. You treat me bad. You take my stuff. You drive my car. You use the gas. Do you fill that up?! No, you Shit, you don't. What??!! What did you say? You love me still? Oh, my sweet, I hate you too. Love, hate, love, hate. The same old song, the same old dance. Love, hate, hate, love. It doesn't fit me like a glove. It fits more like a fat yarn mitt. With lumps and frays and holes and damp. Yet still I wear it in the chill. Hate, love, love, hate, love, hate, love, hate. I want so bad to hope. I pray that love will win but then I know. My rose, pink, bleak, heart knows that all is one. Love, hate, love, hate, love, love, hate, lov'ate, lov'ate, lov'ate...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love is a big cock and an small egg. The cock is "L". It stands up and is proud in the morn. "The cock crowed three times!". Pete is the Rock. Hard and Young and Dumb. The egg is "ove". It is out of sight. Hides in the womb tomb TV room of doom and gloom. The cock can ne'er reach the egg, so sends out a squirt on the March. Time will pass and out pops a wee turd (third). Out of the egg, and into a world of shit. Love is all shit, to be sure. But it's not at all all bad.